The Beauty Queen
Feb. 26, 2019
The following sentences are examples of confused writing.
have been taken from actual application-for-
support letters received by the Welfare Department:
1. I am forwarding my marriage certificate and six children. I have seven but one died which was baptized on a half sheet of paper.
I am writing the Welfare Department to say that my baby was born two years old. When do I get my money?
3. Mrs. Jones has not had any clothes for a year and
has been visited by the clergy regularly.
4. I cannot get sick pay. I have six children, can you tell me why?
5. I am glad to report that my husband who was missing is dead.
6. This is my eighth child. What are you going to do about it?
Please find for certain if my husband is dead. The man I am living with can’t eat or do anything until he knows.
8. I am very much annoyed to find you
have branded my son illiterate. This is a dirty lie and I was married a week before he was born.
9. In answer to your letter I have given birth to a boy weighing
ten pounds. I hope this is satisfactory.
10. I am forwarding my marriage and my three children, one of which is a mistake as you can see.
11. My husband got his project cut off two weeks ago and I haven’t had any relief since.
Unless I get my husband’s money soon I will be forced to lead an immortal life.
13. You have changed my little boy to a girl. Will this make a difference?
14. I have no children as yet as my husband is a truck driver and works
night and day.
15. In accordance with your instructions I have given
birth to twins in the enclosed envelope.
16. I want money as quick as I can get it. I have been in bed with the doctor for two weeks and he doesn’t do
my any good. If things don’t get better I will have to send for another doctor.
17.10 | 01:42
I miss being Facebook friends with you! Hope you are well and happy. Tammy Brookover Jay
15.10 | 01:28
Love all of this. I'm so lucky to be your neighbor,
30.08 | 16:26
Sally, my friend, I love your writings and sometimes they make me cry and then smile. I love you as if I had known you all my life. God Bless you each and every day in all you do.
29.08 | 19:19
Lol, I loved reading this story! As a female that dated a couple men with Harleys, I totally understand and met Harley Guy myself, many times over! I hope you get your 3wheels someday soon!
Share this page